#10 • G • 5-11 • Senior
Rapid City, S.D. (St. Thomas More HS)
Fast Breaks: One of the best passers in the Pac-12 and the country … calm and steady on the court … her athleticism allows her to be a threat on both sides of the ball … 75 career games played at Utah, all starts … ranks in the top-10 all-time at Utah in career assists … has either led or tied for the lead in assists in 55 career games and has had five or more assists in 47 career games.
2020-21 (Junior): Started 15 games before suffering a season-ending injury and averaged 29.6 minutes, 8.1 points, 5.2 assists and 3.4 rebounds per game.
- Through 15 games, she ranked first in the Pac-12 in assists (78) and assists per game (5.2), also ranking 23rd and 29th in the NCAA respectively.
- Had six double-digit scoring games and one double-digit assist game.
- Scored a season-high 15 points that included going 9-of-10 from the free throw line at USC (1/8), also tying her career-high in steals with four.
- Career-high 13 assists against Montana State (12/11), which was the most assists in a game by a Pac-12 player that season.
- Back-to-back games with eight assists against Arizona (1/22) and Arizona State (1/24).
- Season-high eight rebounds with nine points, shooting 4-of-5 from the field against California (2/5).
2019-20 (Sophomore): Started in 30 games and averaged 26.7 minutes, 6.9 points, 3.7 rebounds, 5.3 assists and 1.4 steals per game.
- Finished the season tied for second in the Pac-12 and 22nd in the country in total assists (159) and third in the Pac-12 and 23rd in the nation in assists per game (5.3).
- Broke the 300-career assist mark during the season, the fastest a sophomore has achieved the mark in school history.
- Led the Utes in assists in 24 of the 30 games she appeared in, including three double-digit assist games, and had 18 games with five-or-more assists.
- Reached double-digits in six games.
- Scored a season-high 21 points against California (2/16), knocking down a career-high tying seven field goals and going a perfect 6-for-6 from the free throw line, adding nine assists, two blocks and two steals.
- Had a double-double in Utah’s upset over Arizona State, scoring 10 points with a season-high 12 assists.
- Recorded eight points and a career-high nine rebounds against Weber State (12/20), adding two steals.
- Had 10 assists in back-to-back games against USC (1/12) and at Colorado (1/17).
2018-19 (Redshirt Freshman): Pac-12 All-Freshman first-team by both the coaches and the media and was a two-time Pac-12 Freshman of the Week.
- Pac-12 All-Academic second-team.
- Started all 30 games averaging 31.8 minutes, 8.8 points, 2.7 rebounds and 5.5 assists per game.
- Led the team in assists in 16 games and ranked fourth in the Pac-12 (first among freshmen) and 27th nationally in assists per game (5.5).
- Reached double-digits in scoring in 10 games and assists twice.
- Had five or more assists in 20 of Utah’s 30 games.
- Scored a career-high 24 points on 7-of-9 shooting from the floor and going 8-for-8 from the free throw line against USC (2/8).
- Had a double-double with 10 points and 10 assists against Arizona (1/6).
- Season-high 11 assists against Seattle U (11/26), adding nine points.
Freshman (2017-18): Redshirted
High School:: Lettered in basketball, track and field and volleyball at St. Thomas More in Rapid City, S.D.
- Selected as a McDonald’s All-America nominee in 2017.
- Led her basketball team to four straight state championships as a four-time all-conference selection, also earning all-state honors two seasons in a row, including first-team honors in 2017.
- Was selected to the State A all-tournament team in 2016 and 2017 and was named the MIDCO Sportsnet Class A Girls Basketball Player of the Year in 2017.
- Selected to the U.S. U17 Olympic Team tryouts and was a round one finalist in 2016.
- Reached the 1,000-point milestone at St. Thomas More, finishing her career with 1,250 points.
- Holds the school record in assists and steals.
- Received the Sportsmanship Award at the Hansen Anderson Basketball Classic in 2015 and was selected to the North Tartan Elite Youth Basketball League in 2016 and 2015.
- Was a Nike National Team finalist in 2016 and helped her AAU team to a state championship.
- Was a three-time all-conference selection in volleyball and a state qualifier in track and field, helping her team to a Class A state championship three seasons in a row and was a state finalist in the 200 and 400 meters along with the 4X200, 4X400 relays and the long jump.
: Daughter of Kristi and Daniel Gylten … has three siblings, Michael, Riley and Buzzy … was a part of the honor roll and earned French honors in high school … was a National Honor Society member … also the Student Council Senior Class Treasurer … majoring in kinesiology.